Wednesday, February 20, 2008

2 weeks into Banding.

Well it has now been a couple of weeks since my operation to get my lapband. Wow what a ride the last 2 weeks have been. The first week was VERY hard!!! Emotionally i was a bit of a ride off. It is amazing how many things can go through your head after weight loss surgery. I was a bit mental to say the least. Lots of things went through my head about my beautiful baby boy Izac. Also the big Oh my god this is what my life has come to with my weight. How pathetic is that. I had a lot of thoughts of how did i get to this point with my weight that i need surgery to fix it!!!. But anyway with the loving support of my husband i worked through it all. Craig reminded me how strong i really am and what a beautiful person i am.Also how much that my family love me for me! I really am so lucky to have Craig in my life. He is worth more than gold as are my 3 kids Oscar, Grace and Izac.
Anyway week 2 was a lot better emotionally and Physically. Thank God! By day 10 i was feeling pretty good my weight loss so far is 7 kgs by Optifast and 6kgs since banding. I am so happy with that as you can imagine. Week 2 also means i can move off liquids only and onto more mushie foods. Yeh i am loving that. So i can have mash potato/ veges. Thick soups/stews as long as they are blended smooth. I am still a little tender around my port wound but it is ok nothing that i can not handle. All of my scars are starting to look good now. They are itchy but i am told this is part of the healing process. I am so thankful i have had the oppotunity to get this band as it is going to change my life for the better. I now thank god every day i am alive and every moment i have with my loved ones.

The last thing i have to say is please tell your loved ones that you love them. Do it today do it now as you NEVER know what toomorrow brings. Kiss them today hug them today. You can never have too many. LIVE LIFE!!!

Cheers Tina:o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tina, it's great to see you posting again. I think we all do a bit of reflection post op, but you've gone really deep. Enjoy the mushier food, and I'm looking forward to following your journey. Myf