Monday, December 15, 2008

Pain and my late weigh in from last thursday.



So sorry to everyone for being so slack with my blog updates lately. I have just had so much going on that getting the time to post a blog post seems impossible. Anyhoo first of all i will let you know my weigh in for last Thursday.....

Starting Weight 141.4kgs
Date of Banding weight 134kgs
Current weight 92.5kgs
Loss this week 0.3
Total weight lost 48.9kgs
Bmi from 53 to 34

Weight wise things are moving slowly. I would be telling fibs if i told you it did not bother me, because it does. But in saying that, i have sort of kind of come to terms with it at the moment. I have been in tooooooo much pain to think seriously about my little weight losses.
As i have mentioned before i have a hernia in my tummy. Well it has been severely painful lately. So painful i have found myself up at the hospital at emergency crying in pain. They have been so kind to help me manage the pain with morphine and other drugs. But i just can not wait to have my surgery to get it fixed. I am feeling so worn out from living in constant pain. I have been told that at the moment my surgery will be at the end of January. I just want time to fly so i can have it.
It is affecting my everyday life and that bugs me and also frustrates the heck out of me too. I am not supposed to pick up my kids or lift anything remotely heavy. But how on earth are you supposed to do that with a family with young kids and a home to keep. Hubby and my family have been fantastic with helping me when they can. Also my mum has been there for me even when she has had pain of her own too. She has driven me to the hospital in the wee hours of the night for pain relief. So i just wanted to say THANK YOU MUM! I love you:O)
Anyway i am going to see my renal specialist on Wednesday so i am eager to see him am see what his reaction is to my weight loss. I am hoping he is happy with it all and my health is the better for it. Kidney wise anyway.
I will let you know how i go.
Again i promise to catch up with every ones blogs soon. Hopefully with in the next week.
Last but not least i want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Stay safe everyone.
Please tell your loved ones that you love them as you never know what tomorrow brings.
I appreciate all of your comments they really pick me up and make my day. So again Thank you so much xxx ooo.

Cheers Tina

3 comments:

Melanie said...

You poor thing - I hate how they tell you not to do things and ignore the fact you've got little kids and a house to run. Have they given you any supportive garment or truss-type thing - sometimes these can help but they need to be specially fitted in general so they don't make things worse. Thanks heavens for mums eh? Hope the next few weeks are a bit better for you.

oozyxena said...

Being in pain really can get you down! Keep your spirits up Tina there is light at the end of the tunnel....roll on January!!

Take care!!
Zenaxx

LapBandGirl said...

Congratulations on your weight loss!! that's fantastic! You must post up new pics to show us all how you've changed! :)

And yeah, I know how it feels to have chronic pain, so roll on January!! :)