Well i got the Dr D office and first things first i had to go to the loo. LOL:0P Also i was child free it was just mum and i that went. Anyway i come out of the loo and i was met with Shaz's lovley smile. We sat and chatted for a while then i was called into Rikki and she weighed me........ I started at 141.4kgs and today i weighed in at 128.6kgs. So a total loss of 12.8kgs Which i am really happy about. The only thing is Rikki has my weight written down from last december which was 137.8kgs so they are saying i have only lost 9.2kgs. I told Rikki and she said it doesn't matter as long as i know. Anyway i spoke to her for a while and she ran through all of the basic guidlines of being banded again. Then i had to go and sit back down. So i continued to chat to Shaz until Dr D called my name. Then i said my goodbyes to Shaz and went in with Dr D. He told me he was very happy with my weight loss and that i looked good. He too chatted about the only 1/2 cup at a time rules etc etc. Then he got me ready to do my first fill.
I laid on the bed as nervous as could be and i was watching him get the big needle out and then the saline. For some reason i did not think the needle would be that big. Anyhoo. My mum then coughed and Geoff then gave mum a bit of a lecture about giving up smoking which i thought was good because i wish she would too. Anyway i am getting side tracked back to me crapping myself. LOL:O)
I was laying down and Dr D says i need to fold my arms and lift my head up and then he says also to lift my legs up as well. I tried to lift my legs but be buggered if i could. I told him to give me a few months and maybe i would be able to do it. He laughed and said ok do the best you can. Rikki then came in and offered moral support. So here i was on the bed doing a sought of sit up thing and Geoff had the needle in and POP i felt it go in the port. With that he pulled out the needle and said that was it and i had done very well. Thankgod.
So that was that i had successfully had my very first fill. Woo hoo. I went out to the reception to pay the lovley Michelle my money and i felt my shirt and it was wet. Mum looked at me and i lifted my shirt to see what it was and comming out from the bandaid was this clear yellow fluid gusshing out like a little fountain. I silly thought that my fill had come out. I looked at rikki as she was standing there and i said to her " I'm leaking" She took me back into the room and put a gause on it and i held it there for a while. Lots came out. Then Rikki put a clean bigger bandage on it and we also tucked some absorbant paper in my pants to catch it too. Rikki then said it was ok it was not my fill comming out. It was just like a sort of blister that must have been around my port and when i had my fill it popped it. She said it was ok so then i was ok. With that Geoff came back in asking what had happened. Rikki explained and he also said it was nothing to worry about. Phew thank goodness i thought i had sprung a leak or something.LOL
So after a few giggles with Dr D and the girls i left. All in all it was not as bad and not as scary as i thought. I do have an appointment to see Dr D in hervey bay on the 14th that is not quite 2 weeks away. Rikki said to keep it as i may need another fill by then. I just have to wait and see. So now i am on fluids for 24 to 48 hours then i am allowed to go onto solid food again. That deserves a WOO HOO i think:O)
Anyway that was my day.
Cheers Tina
2 comments:
Wow Tina - what a fantastic loss. Congratulations - I'm very impressed. I would have freaked right out with fluid coming out near my port - at least I'll be aware of it before I have a fill - hopefully next week. Do you know how much they put in?
thanks for your account on your first fill. I am having mine next friday and can't wait!!
Post a Comment