Thursday, November 06, 2008

Weekly Ramblings and weigh in.


OK i am a creature of habit so i will start of with my weigh in first. So here it is............


Starting weight 141.4kg's
Date of Banding 134kg's
Today's weight 93.8kg's
Loss this week of 1.1kg's
Total weight lost 47.6kg's
Bmi from 53 to 35

You know i really am starting to annoyed with people who watch every morsel of food that i put in my mouth. Also how long it takes me to eat and what i eat. Am i a freak show to what or is do i eat with food hanging out of my mouth or something, or maybe it is just plain jealousy??? I do not know why people always feel they have the right to do such things. Do they think i need supervision on what i am eating. Well i don't i can do this quite ok by myself and i feel i have been doing ok by my self. So far i have just chose to ignore this behaviour but i am wondering if i should continue to do so or just leave it be? Help anyone? The main person that is doing it i feel is not doing it out of being nasty but out of curiosity. Also i have another person that every time is see them, This person continues to feel free to grab my excess belly and bat wing arms and tell my that i will need plastic surgery if i ever want to get rid of it. I mean hello i know that so do i need to be reminded all the time. Why do people focus on negative things? But in saying that the same person announced to a crowd at a party on which i knew hardly anyone that i had done so well and i have lost over 46kgs. I was proud but embarrassed all the same. What is up with that????? I saw on some of the peoples face that i didn't know like yeah so what!
Anyway that is my whine for today. Otherwise life is great i have a wonderful support system in my family and i love them to bits and i know they love me.
My next goal is to get to 50kgs lost by Christmas but ideally i would love to be 55kgs lost by Christmas/new year. I will have to see how i go hey!

Till next time See ya and tell you loved ones you love because you never know what 2morrow will bring:O)

Cheers Tina.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog and you are so right! I'm not going to take it to heart. I am however very proud of you and in regards to the comments - gee I don't know if I couldn't say anything but if it's getting to you that much just nip it in the bud...they'll build a bridge or do the other I suppose. I think some people think because you have been overweight and lost so much weight that your brains went with it and you can't think for yourself anymore! Everyone is all of a sudden an expert in your weightloss! Good luck with that. Kath x

Anonymous said...

I woke up this morning and was checking blogs, and then realised it was Thursday. I realised we were due for your weigh in and I really wanted to know how you were going - I had a feeling you had had a good week. You did too - 1.1 is awesome - congrats!

I'm starting to go a bit stir crazy with people watching me eat too - drives me nuts - I'm not your dinner entertainment people!!! Some of the comments are driving me nuts too - even if they are meant well so I hear you loud and clear.

Bee said...

I went through that when I had the band, so when I had the sleeve, I didnt tell anyone lol

I guess it depends on who the people are, if their family or close friends, I'd just tell them how you feel, in a nice calm way, because those are the people you have to see regularly and you dont want to put up with it all the time. But if its just people from work, or that you dont really see often just ignore them. Most of the time I say it is jelously, mixed with curiosity lol

You have done sooooooo well! I just checked your stats out WOW! Congrats!

Bee

Unknown said...

Whoever that person is that is doing that to you needs a hard slap in the face! That person must have some seriuos issues to treat u like that!

Caz said...

Tina, You are amazing... I just set up a new lapband group on google and I want you to to a moderator. Please email me!

lap-band-surgery-australia@googlegroups.com

URL is:

http://groups.google.com.au/group/lap-band-surgery-australia

Caz x

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you look farking fantastic and you are a total inspiration to me and, I am sure, many other bloggers. Tell the arm flappers to bugger off!!!!

Caz said...

Tina,

Would love to have you as a moderator! Register and I will convert you!! ha ha

Caz

Diz said...

Tina...I have to be honest with you. I'm such a chicken-shit that I didn't tell people I was banded. Only about 5 people know, other than my BandSisters. Why? For exactly that reason. I'd already seen how my friend with gastric bypass surgery was watched like a hawk, and people thought they had the right to comment on her food choices, etc. I knew with all the other crap going on in my life, those comments would be devastating to me and I couldn't take the added pressure. So I can't offer advice, but I can say that I admire your Guts and forthrightness. Rely on those attributes, and you'll work this out. You are awesome!

I'll check out the new boards...it's ok for a Yank to visit...right?